1. Research initiated by the Institute (Directors, Officers, Staff, National and International Correspondents) consistent with the Strategic Plan.
2. Research initiated by academia (U.S., international), governments (Federal, State, local), Industry, and private Foundations congruent with the Strategic Plan.
3. Consultations on research methodology or conduct of research in medical specialties and scientific/technological fields of interest.
4. Consultations on the ethical conduct of clinical trials, research with animal subjects, and related scientific integrity.
5. Consultations on regulatory requirements (U.S., international) governing the conduct of research.